Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kanzashi Flower Hairclips

So while I was browsing Etsy one day, I saw a beautiful flower hair clip made from fabric. I just had to make one for my little girl. I found out that they're typically called "kanzashi" flowers. Here is what I did: I found some fabric and cut out little squares and circles (I wanted to see the difference), stitched them together and jeweled the centers. Here are the results:
The one at the top was made from squares. The bottom three out of circles. Left is out of 5 petals, the rest 6 petals, but different sizes. The purple one is my favorite! You may see some of these coming to the Etsy shop soon!

Want to make your own? Here's one of the MANY sources for instructions
http://offbeatbride.com/2010/12/diy-semi-kanzashi-style-fabric-flowers-part-2