Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sweet and Textured Newborn Beanie - Free Pattern

I'm really on a roll with these newborn patterns! I just have so many ideas to make cute hats!
Eventually I’ll write up larger sizes. Until then, this pattern only comes in newborn size. I love how cute this one looks, and it’s really simple and elegant at the same time!

Materials:
Worsted Weight Yarn
H Hook
Yarn Needle

Gauge:
First 2 rounds is a 2.5” circle

Newborn
Rnd 1: Ch 3. Sc 12 in 3rd ch from hk. Join (12) (Or dc 12 in magic loop)
Rnd 2: Ch 2, *2 dc in each dc, repeat from * around. Join (24)
Rnd 3: Ch 2, *1 dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, repeat from * around. Join. (36)
Rnd 4: Ch 2, *1 dc in next 5 dc, 2 dc in next dc, repeat from * around. Join. (42)
Rnd 5-9: Ch 3, 1 dc in the last ch from row before(This forms one crossed set of double crochet) * sk 1 dc, dc in next st, then dc in the skipped st. Repeat from * around (42) (5 rows total)
Rnd 10: Ch 2, *dc in each dc, repeat from * around (42)

You can add a flower to make it more feminine!

12 comments:

  1. Super cute hat - think I will give it a try- seems like the entire office is pregnant. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this pattern!!!! Thank you so much for posting it!
    Quick, Simple and Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on pinterest,thanks for the pattern. I just picked up a few odd balls of Lopi wool that would be perfect for it, I can probably make about three of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Would I Modify It To Make It Adult Sized?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make it adult sized you would need to make the starting circle much, much larger. Measure the circumference of your head and check your gauge, from there you should be able to figure out how many stitches it would take to fit your head- that's how many stitches the circumference of your circle should have. Then you would follow the last two steps to complete the hat until it is the right length. That's just my best guess, I haven't made many adult sized hats!

      Delete
  5. Hi just made this beanie but i don't have anyone to try it on can you tell me what measurements the beanie should be when completed please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Is there a video on this pattern? I am not understanding the dc in the last ch from row before. Any help would be appreciated. I am teaching myself to crochet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like there is a mistake in this pattern towards the end...don't double crochet stitches increase the stitches? I tried doing this and my hat just kept getting bigger and bigger while remaining flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be adding too many double crochet stitches, so it never forms a hat. Email me with details on where you're stuck so I can help you better. LivingtheCraftLife@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. I think I solved the problem by obsessively counting my stitches! Thanks! Can you clarify the steps for Rounds 3 and 4 though?

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...