Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby Barefoot Sandal - Simple and Sweet

These baby barefoot sandals are SO CUTE! This pattern is for a very simple, easy to work up design that looks awesome! Enjoy!
Size 6-12 months on my 20 month old. Barely fit!!!

Materials:
Light Worsted weight yarn
Size F hook
Yarn needle

Gauge:
Using different combinations of size and hook can get you different sizes. Using the items described, your sandal will fit about 6-12 months. Use smaller hook or a lighter weight yarn to get a newborn size.

Pattern:
Start with a magic loop
Round 1(IN MAGIC LOOP): Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 5, 3dc, ch 5, 2 dc, ch 5, join with top of ch-3. Tighten loop.
Round 2 (Edging): ch 1, sc in same st, sc in each dc, (sc 2, ch 6, sc 2) in next ch-5 space ONLY, then sc 5 in each ch-5 space, sc in each dc around. Fasten off.
Ties: Attach thread to top corners (I attach to the middle of 5 chains)and ch 30 for ties

Please add a comment with the size needle and type yarn you used with the age it ended up fitting for others to get a better idea for gauge!
I only have access to so many children to gauge!

11 comments:

  1. cute ! thank you
    i do have one question... you have typed 'row 1 then it goes to row 3' is the row 3 suppose to be row 2 ? or is row 2 missing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that catch. I corrected it to be row 2. There are bound to be tons of typos because I did a lot of copying and pasting between all three (and one more coming soon) baby barefoot sandal patterns. Let me know if you find any more!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the pattern! I used Light worsted weight yarn with a size D hook and it fits my 2 month old great! I did only chain 15 for the back tie. It's pretty tight that way but I didn't want it to fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand the chain 2 space...I did this 3 times and I only have the chain 5 spaces...what am I missing? Also how many single crochets do you do when you are making the magic ring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, thereare no chain-2 spaces in this pattern. That must have been a typo from when I copy and pasted parts from my other patterns. Not sure why it didn't get caught sooner! Fixed it!

      Delete
  4. I used Pattons sock yarn and a size F hook for a newborn. It looks like it will fit, but I'll let you know for sure when the baby is born in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used size H hook, and I did 30 chains on the end to wrap around the back and tie to the other side with a knot where the top of the chain 5 space was. It seems to fit a two year old. I would make a 4 chain loop for a toe and subtract one dc from each set, and make each 5 chain space 3 chains with matching sc in that space for row 2, and same for the sc on row 3, if you want a newborn-3mo size that's scaled down on more than the tie chain. Just estimating. I like this simple design and it's easy to memorize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edit: Only use those dimensions if you're using the same hook as me. Mine is one size bigger... woops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for posting the free pattern! It is fabulous:) I have included it on my blog Karla's Making It (linking to your pattern, of course)! You can view it here http://www.karlasmakingit.com/free-crochet-patterns/free-crochet-baby-bootie-patterns/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did it all in one continous run with the ties included by using a slip stitch instead of a sc nn row 2. I went by the directions till "then sc 5 in each ch-5 space, sc in each dc around. Fasten off." At this point I did three single crochets in the 5 loop and then did a chain for the tie and then slipped stitched in the second loop of the chain and the rest of the way down the chain back to the 5 loop. I then did the 2 additional sc in the 5 loop, sc in the 2 dc and then 2 sc in the next 5 loop, another tie chain, slipstitched again down that chain to the 5 loop and did the additional 3 sc in that 5 loop. Now fasten off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!..
    Top inexpensive baby carriers

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...