Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Barefoot Sandals - Basic

These baby barefoot sandals are SO CUTE! This pattern is for a basic triangle shape that you can embellish however you want. This is the first of many baby barefoot sandals I've come up with. Enjoy!




Materials:
Light worsted weight yarn
Size F hook
Yarn needle

Notes:
Starting chain counts as a double crochet throughout pattern
I tend to crochet very tightly, so if you know you crochet loosely, you may want to use a smaller hook. You also may increase the starting chain from 2 to 3 if you need to.

Pattern:
0-6 Months
Start with a magic loop: Ch 2,  dc twice into the magic loop. DO NOT TIGHTEN
Row 1: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across. (4 dc)
Row 2: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across (5 dc)
Row 3: Ch 2. Hdc in same st, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in last two sts.  (6 sts)
Edging: Ch 1, sc down the left side of the sandal, down to the magic loop. (Sc 1, ch 5, sc1) in the magic loop. Tighten. sc back up the right side of the sandal.
Ties: When you get to the end of edging, ch 30 to form the first tie. Attach yarn to other corner and ch 30 to form second tie. Weave in all ends.

6-18 Months
Start with a magic loop: Ch 2, dc twice into the magic loop. DO NOT TIGHTEN
Row 1: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across. (4 dc)
Row 2: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across (5 dc)
Row 3: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across (6 dc)
Row 4: Ch 2. Hdc in same st, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in last two sts. (7 dc)
Edging: Ch 1, sc down the left side of the sandal, down to the magic loop. (Sc 1, ch 6, sc1) in the magic loop. Tighten. sc back up the right side of the sandal.
Ties: When you get to the end of edging, ch 30 to form the first tie. Attach yarn to other corner and ch 30 to form second tie. Weave in all ends.

24 Months
Start with a magic loop: Ch 2, dc twice into the magic loop. DO NOT TIGHTEN
Row 1: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across. (4 dc)
Row 2: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across (5 dc)
Row 3: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across (6 dc)
Row 4: Ch 2. Dc in same st, and dc across (7 dc)
Edging: Ch 1, sc down the left side of the sandal, down to the magic loop. (Sc 1, ch 6, sc1) in the magic loop. Tighten. sc back up the right side of the sandal.
Ties: When you get to the end of edging, ch 30 to form the first tie. Attach yarn to other corner and ch 30 to form second tie. Weave in all ends.

Embellishment flower:
Start with magic loop. Ch 3. In the magic loop *2 dc, ch 2, sl st, and repeat 5 times. Tighten  magic loop and attach to sandal!

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a cute, quick, easy to understand pattern. I whipped a pair out in no time and they came out really cute. The only problem I had with the pattern was an error on the 6 - 18 month size, Row 4. It didn't equal 7 stitches so I did 3 sc instead of 2. Other than that it came out great. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pattern! I tried the 0-6 month pattern and came across the same error that Heidi G did. In Row 3. It called for 6 stitches but only listed 5. So I added the extra HDC at the beginning...Turned out really cute and fit my 4 month old just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you please explain the "magic loop"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a great photo tutorial on how to do it: http://www.crochetme.com/forums/t/28917.aspx

      you can also look up youtube videos if that's easier for you.

      Delete
  4. On the ties, after we ch 30 or however many amount the pattern tells us to chain, do we cut the yarn or do we attach the chain 30 to the other corner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want it to be a loop that slips on, you can sl st it to the other corner. If you want two separate strands to tie together, the pattern explains how to go straight from the edging to form one strand, cut, then ch another strand and attach it to the other corner. I prefer that method so the chains are facing the same direction. If you don't care you can just attach the yarn directly onto the opposite corner and then ch 30. Hope that makes sense!

      Delete
  5. Hello! I wanted to know if you sold them? I cant crochet AT ALL but is willing to purchase one pair for my unborn (due feb 2) and another for my 4 1/2 yr old for there first pics together. My email is kandyce.stinson@gmail.com THX :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mind if I make and sell these and some of your other items? I will give you credit as designer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you credit me as the designer all my patterns are free for commercial use. Enjoy!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this pattern. I made two pair for my daughter and they are so adorable. I posted a few pictures on my blog if you would like to see.

    http://andersonmilitarywife.blogspot.com/2013/03/barefoot-sandals.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are super cute!! I love the oversize flower on the sandals!!

      Delete
  9. I'm pretty good at crocheting, but for some reason I'm not understanding this pattern? How I'm I doing this? Is the same stitch meaning the circle or am I going into stitches? I'm just so lost, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be doing the DC in the "same stitch" or into the DC that the starting chain came from. You're trying to add a double crochet to the edges to make a sort of triangle shape. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  10. Im also lost same bit I think not crochet that much when it says dont tighten do you mean the magic circle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    I’ve noticed you have published some links to your patterns on other websites. I have recently started a new website and we’re looking for people to post their links to patterns on our website, so it can act like a hub for anyone that’s interested. Our link is below:

    http://www.sahmod.com

    If you want to put up a link straight away, please email patterns@sahmod.com

    In case you have any questions or require additional information please contact us at:

    support@sahmod.com

    Regards,

    SAHMOD

    ReplyDelete

Link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...