- File folders
- Scissors (or paper cutter)
- hole punch
- string/yarn to hang
1. Take your file folders and cut them down to 8" tall. Keep the scraps!
2. Crease your folder bottoms. I did mine at 1/4", or two creases away from the bottom.
3. Take the scraps and cut TWO 2.5 inch thick strips. Longer is better!
4. Fold the strips in half with the color inside, then back to make the shape shown. Make sure the folds are as wide as the bottom of your folder.
5. Glue the strips to the FRONT of the folder first. Then glue it to the back, making sure the sides are even. Secure the side piece with staples to ensure no accidents happen.
6. Repeat for however many number of folders you want your organizer to be!
7. Space the folders about 3 inches apart and staple them together. I did two staples on each side, and should have done one more above the side piece to keep it flat. (as you can tell in the picture, mine look like they're falling apart - this staple should prevent that!)
8. Hole punch the tops and tie the string and hang where you are in need of paper organization!!
Link to your finished products so I can see!!